Skip to content
News bet365 Sports & Betting News Join
Hull City
  1. FOOTBALL
  2. FOOTBALL NEWS

Hull City's striker hunt heats up as Tigers submit £15million bid for LaLiga ace

Hull City have reportedly made an official offer to sign versatile forward Roberto Fernandez from Espanol.

The Tigers have been embarked on summer of investment since securing their place in the Premier League after a dramatic victory in the play-off final at Wembley in May.

No fewer than 11 senior players have joined Hull in the transfer window and it appears that the club are not ready to conclude their business just yet.

According to a report from Spanish outlet Sport, Hull have made an official approach to sign Espanyol striker Fernandez in recent days.

Premier League

The package is said to consist of a season-long loan with a £1million fee with an obligation to purchase the 24-year-old next summer for a further £14million.

Hull are also said to have offered a salary package in excess of £75,000-a-week as part of a three-year contract which would make Fernandez one of the club's highest-paid players.

The Espanyol frontman has enjoyed a flying start to the new season, netting twice in their 3-0 victory against Levante on Saturday to currently sit top of the LaLiga scoring charts.

A Spain youth international, Fernandez represented his country at the UEFA Under-21 Euros last summer, featuring in all four of their games as they were knocked out by England in the quarter-final stage.

The signing of Fernandez would represent a significant coup for the newly-promoted side, particularly given their lack of depth going forward.

Oli McBurnie was instrumental in Hull securing promotion from the second tier last season, netting 19 goals in all competitions in his maiden campaign at the MKM Stadium.

While the Scotland international will lead the line as Hull play host to Manchester United on Saturday, Sergej Jakirovic currently has no other senior strikers in his squad.

Enis Destan impressed in pre-season after spending the latter half of 2025-26 on loan in Belgium, but the Turkish forward ultimately joined Super Lig side Konyaspor on a permanent transfer earlier this season.

Asked about the lack of attacking options earlier this week, outspoken Hull owner Acun Ilicali told Humberside Sport that the club were hoping to sign two new forwards before the end of the month.

Related Articles

bet365 uses cookies

We use cookies to deliver a better and more personalised service. For more information, see our Cookie Policy

New to bet365? Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets Join Now

Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.