Fans of Nottingham Forest and Derby County don’t often see eye-to-eye. Only the legendary Brian Clough has managed to cut through the hatred between the two East Midlands rivals. That was until 4.45pm on Saturday evening when a 16.4-mile handshake extended between the two sets of fans, to celebrate the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer from bet365.
Bournemouth’s thrilling comeback win over Forest, coupled with Plymouth Argyle’s recovery victory against Derby, saw bet365 pay out on all four teams as winners in the Full Time Result market.
In Nottingham, the hosts sprang into a 2-0 first-half lead following goals from Cheikhou Kouyate and Brennan Johnson, invoking the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer from bet365, meaning that all the pre-match single and multiple bets on the standard Full Time Result market became winning bets.
The City Ground faithful were shocked into a second-half silence when Philip Billing grabbed a goal back for the Cherries in the 51st minute. Dominic Solanke and Jaidon Anthony goals sealed the comeback for the visitors and ensured both teams were paid out as winners by bet365.
Down the Brian Clough Way, Derby County’s positive start to their League One campaign looked like continuing, when James Collins and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing fired them into a 2-0 lead after 38 minutes. Derby backers may well have been celebrating, but Derby supporters were cursing, as first Morgan Whittaker and then Sam Cosgrove (2) scored to earn Plymouth an unlikely 3-2 victory.
On a thrilling weekend of Premier League and EFL action, it wasn’t just in the East Midlands where the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer from bet365 was invoked. Here are a selection of the fixtures that also saw early payouts;
Brentford 5-2 Leeds
Tottenham 2-1 Fulham
Blackburn 2-3 Bristol City
Millwall 2-0 Cardiff
Norwich 3-0 Coventry
Carlisle 3-3 Rochdale
Brighton 5-2 Leicester
Manchester United 3-1 Arsenal
The bet365 Early Payout Offer is an always-on promotion for all football fans, and available on over 80 leagues and competitions, where selections will be settled as a winner if the team you back goes two goals ahead.
The Early Payout offer is available on single and multiples, and can be enjoyed by new and eligible customers.
Unlike other bookmakers, bet365’s Early Payout Offer is available on the standard Full Time Result market, rather than a separate coupon, meaning customers can take advantage of the offer on the best available prices.
Place a pre-match bet on the standard Full Time Result market for Soccer games from selected competitions up to and including Saturday 31st December 2022. Applicable competitions listed below.
For single bets, if the team you back to win goes 2 goals ahead at any stage during the match, we will pay out your bet in full regardless of whether the opposition comes back to draw or win the match.
For multiple bets and Bet Builder bets, if a team you have backed on the standard Full Time Result market goes 2 goals ahead, this selection will be marked as won within My Bets, with the remaining selections left to run.
See Significant Terms and Conditions here and Full Terms and Conditions here
A spokesperson for bet365 said: “What a day of Premier League and EFL football! The cliché of 2-0 being the most dangerous lead in football is no longer the case with bet365 and the 2 Goal Early Payout Offer.”
• English Premier League
• English Championship
• English League 1
• English League 2
• English FA Cup (from First Round onwards)
• English EFL Cup
• Scottish Premiership
• Spanish Primera Liga
• German Bundesliga I
• Italian Serie A
• French Ligue 1
• UEFA Champions League (from Group Stage onwards)
• UEFA Europa Conference League (from Group Stage onwards)
• UEFA Europa League (from Group Stage onwards)
Significant terms for bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer
• This offer is only available to new and eligible customers.
• This offer applies to pre-match single and multiple bets on the standard Full Time Result market for Soccer games from the selected competitions listed under All Qualifying Competitions below.
• This offer is available for matches played up to and including Saturday 31st December 2022.
• Bets placed on the Full Time Result – Enhanced Prices market do not apply to this offer.
• This offer will not apply where a bet has been fully Cashed Out. Where a bet has been partially Cashed Out and your team goes two goals ahead, the bet will be settled on the remaining active stake.
• If a qualifying bet is edited using our Edit Bet feature prior to kick-off and your team goes two goals ahead, the bet will be settled on the new stake. Where a bet has been edited to include or amend a selection for an event that is In-Play, the offer will no longer apply.